On a happier note, Bryant and I co-signed to get an Epson Stylus Pro 3800. Lovelove! No more printing on campus :) plus it was a tax-free event, and we were approved for $6,000 for Samy's Camera stores... so the printer itself cost $1200. We also bought back-up ink cartridges ($57/ea).. and there's 8 ink cartridges. Also bought four packs of paper: Epson Premium Glossy (8.5 x 11), Ilford Galerie Smooth Pearl (8.5 x 11 and 13 x 19) and Epson Velvet Fine Art (8.5 x 11). The papers added another $100+ to the total. Ouch. Well worth it though :)
Thursday, June 5, 2008
Printers and External Hard Drives
I love my Lacie to death but... ALWAYS back up. I had a run-in where I thought I couldn't access ALL of my photos (I had been using my Lacie as a primary storage and hadn't backed it up) because, when going to school to print images, I heard a pop and suddenly, it wouldn't show up on the desktop (but I could hear it spinning). UGH! Took it home and tried it with the regular USB chord and thankfully it still worked, it was just possibly my circuit board that transfered the data from firewire to the computer. I'm currently backing up all of my data onto Bryant's ethernet network drive (also Lacie). Phew.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
congrats on the new printer! :D
Post a Comment