Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Model: Kat

Need to get a model release. Shot a couple hundred shots but these are the ones that I like the best. I kept editing to a minimum (no Photoshop besides image resizing, and only a little Camera Raw work).

Date: April 20, 2008.



Ambient is a little too dark, but I like the image.



Just a little light on the top of her head... need a little more, maybe to fall down the rest of her head down towards her shoulder.



Too much light on the wall--was trying something new.




I really like this one for some reason--just need a little more wind blowing towards the right, yea? Rim light... but it spilled onto her cheek, not enough on her hair and went onto her shoulder/arm--flash needed to be a little higher.




Using TTL and powering down... sun was key (right), flash was fill (left).



Don't know how the white part got there--like lens flare or something? But I still like it, gives it a different feel than if the white part had not been there. Shooting in open shade.



Shooting in open shade, nice light. Yes, I posed her.


Can't remember which of us came up with this pose but... here it is. Shooting in open shade.



Using the spec-diffused assignment (see post), the ratio is a little too harsh... but she looks so dorky :) couldn't help but post this.



Using spec-diffused again, a different camera angle...



Using spec diffused, trying some hair tossing. Look at her expression :)


Spec diffused again, and again... her expression.



Flash didn't fire (went on stand-by mode) but... looks cool anyways. You can see what the outside looks like (and how much the flash actually does).




One of my favorite shots. Spec-diffused again. Sort of wish I put the flash on the right side but there were couches and... yea. Cool anyways :)



Again with the hair tossing... this time with flash as key, using CD cover techniques (see post) to make the background darker. Cool lighting on her face. Well exposed. Happy with it :) one of my favorite. I decided that every haircut that Kat gets, looks really good when it's blowing around 'cause of the wind, or she's just tossing it around for me. 



Window light, using blue spheres techniques (can post on request). When you're closer to the light, it becomes more diffused (think of ratio of subject to size of light source). Window light is one of THE BEST lighting techniques to use!! Pose came about because the necklace that she was wearing was tickling her, so I moved her hands around a bit and.. ta daa!



Window light again, a little better exposed. Posed her, vulnerable looking? I definitely like it :) Might be the favorite shot of this shoot.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

i really like the last shot, but i wish kat would smile some more. maybe she wasnt supposed to or didnt want to, but she has such a lovely smile. but it looks really fun to do a shoot like that though :) ever think of doing a shoot of hannah, or would a dog be just too hard?

Stacy Hata said...

i like the white thing...course you dont know why that happend but i like it =]

and i like the last shot too =] and i think it was the third from last....that one i like too =D