Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Red Rock Canyon

Date: December 7, 2008.
Location: Red Rock Canyon, CA.

Shooting for myself, trying to boost up my creativity (hadn't shot for myself in awhile). During Brooks' winter break (3 week break) when I went back at home.




Magic hour is the time to shoot cars (other than using artificial light sources that are diffused). Magic hour being the time right before sunrise or the time right after sunset, nice glowy "sky light". Yes, this is right before sunrise--got there about 30 minutes to an hour before the sun rose. Isn't that fantastic, but I've never shot cars before this.



Pretty big into depth of field (focused in one area and the rest blurs out due to aperture) and textures. 


Same descrip as the shot above. Changed this to black and white, just because it looked cooler this way than as a tan... image.



Slightly underexposed (maybe?) image of some desert flower/weed/etc/thing. Depth of field again. This isn't perfectly in focus because it was slightly windy... and dark. And I believe I was in my "only manual focus!" stage.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

aperture! i actually know what that is :) i bet you're happy and proud huh? i like the car shot!

Stacy Hata said...

i love the first two =]

damn ur good =D